Sometimes when you’re doing something scary good company can be a blessing.
Nat Cassidy is good company. And this week he talks me through the haunted hallways and avenues of his New York horror ode, Nestlings – but he also helps me tackle the very real world horror that is turning our newspapers into nightmare-fodder and the Middle East into a tinderbox.
But have no fear (well, always have a little fear!) this is no mere despairing, depressing look at reality. We also talk about gargoyles and vampire-adjacent things, about New York winters and longing for home … and of course, about Stephen King.
- Mary: An Awakening of Terror (2022), by Nat Cassidy
- Nightmares in the Sky (1988), by Stephen King and F-Stop Fitzgerald
- ‘Salem’s Lot (1975), by Stephen King
- The Shining (1977), by Stephen King
- From a Buick 8 (2002), by Stephen King
- Rosemary’s Baby (1967), by Ira Levin
- The Keep (1981), by F. Paul Wilson
- I, Claudius (1934) by Robert Graves
- The Guns of August (1962), by Barbara W. Tuchman
Support Talking Scared on Patreon